The Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ is thrilled to announce the 2015 dates:
The Dalcroze™ Academy
July 27-August 8, 2015
The 2014 Dalcroze™ Academy was a resounding success! A total of 31 students and faculty from 3 continents, 6 countries and 12 states participated in the event! Instrumental music performers, conductors, private music studio instructors, general music educators, and music therapists participated in the 2 week intensive Dalcroze™ training course. Additionally, these students now have the opportunity to continue their studies during the academic year through skype lessons and/or weekend intensives through the Professional Studies Program at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ .
Congrats to the fine musicians, dancers, and faculty who made 2014 Academy so memorable!
Click here for housing and logistical information
Click here for the work-study application and scholarship information
Click here for the 2014 Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ / Dalcroze™ Academy Student Handbook
View Plastique Animée Performances from Previous Years
Our Vibrant, Published, International, Award-Winning Faculty Has Included:
Monica Dale ; Ellicott City, Maryland: Dalcroze™ License, MM
Jeremy Dittus ; Denver, Colorado: Diplôme Supérieur, DMA, Program Director
Mary Dobrea-Grindahl ; Cleveland, Ohio: Diplôme Supérieur, MM
Bonnie Draina ; Boulder, Colorado: DMA
Eiko Ishizuka ; Boston, Massachusetts: Candidate for the Diplôme Supérieur, MM
Hélène Nicolet ; Geneva, Switzerland: Diplôme Supérieur, Certified Laban Movement Analyst
The focused, clearly defined curriculum at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ (DSR) is the only authorized training program west of Pennsylvania.
Courses for The Dalcroze™ Academy include (subject to change):
- Techniques of the Body, Laban Movement Analysis, Folk Dancing (9:00-9:30)
- Dalcroze™ Eurhythmics™ (9:30-11:o0)
- Dalcroze™ Pedagogy/Applications (11:10-Noon)
- Special Topics (1:00-2:00, daily)
- Teaching demonstrations of children's classes
- Keyboard Harmony Courses
- Guest Lectures
- Dalcroze™ Solfège (2:00-2:50)
- Dalcroze™ Improvisation (3:00-3:50)
- Plastique Animée: a type of visual analysis demonstrating music with the body (4:00-5:15, week one only)
Student-based curriculum includes:
- Options for one or two week study
- Individual course electives
- Study can also be continued throughout the year at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ via Skype lessons and/or intensive weekend study to accelerate study through the program.
- The opportunity to obtain the internationally- recognized Dalcroze™ Certificate or License in as little as three summers.