The Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ and Colorado State University are thrilled to announce the 2015 dates:
The Dalcroze™ Academy
July 27-August 8, 2015 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
The 2014 Dalcroze™ Academy at CSU was a resounding success! A total of 31 students and faculty from 3 continents, 6 countries and 12 states participated in the event! Instrumental music performers, conductors, private music studio instructors, general music educators, and music therapists participated in the 2 week intensive Dalcroze™ training course. Additionally, these students now have the opportunity to continue their studies during the academic year through skype lessons and/or weekend intensives through the Professional Studies Program at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ .
Congrats to the fine musicians, dancers, and faculty who made 2014 Academy so memorable!
Non-Credit registration for 2015 will begin soon,contact Susheela Mallipudi at CSU to learn more!
Click here for the brochure
Click here for housing and logistical information
Click here for the work-study application and scholarship information
Click here for the 2014 Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ / Dalcroze™ Academy Student Handbook
View Plastique Animée Performances from Previous Years
Credit and Tuition:
- For 3 graduate credits: $1,530
- For non-credit: $1299
- 1 week, non-credit: $700
- 1 day, non-credit: $150
- Graduate credit granted through CSU
- Certificate and License earned through Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ (DSR)
- Credit for teacher licensure renewal possible
Our Vibrant, Published, International, Award-Winning Faculty Has Included:
Monica Dale ; Ellicott City, Maryland: Dalcroze™ License, MM
Jeremy Dittus ; Denver, Colorado: Diplôme Supérieur, DMA, Program Director
Mary Dobrea-Grindahl ; Cleveland, Ohio: Diplôme Supérieur, MM
Bonnie Draina ; Boulder, Colorado: DMA
Eiko Ishizuka ; Boston, Massachusetts: Candidate for the Diplôme Supérieur, MM
Bonnie Jacobi ; Fort Collins: DMA, Faculty Liaison
Hélène Nicolet ; Geneva, Switzerland: Diplôme Supérieur, Certified Laban Movement Analyst
State-of-the-art facilities for music and movement are located on the Colorado State University campus, in the inspiring setting of the Rocky Mountain foothills.
The focused, clearly defined curriculum at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ (DSR) is the only authorized training program west of Pennsylvania.
Courses for The Dalcroze™ Academy include (subject to change):
- Techniques of the Body, Laban Movement Analysis, Folk Dancing (9:00-9:30)
- Dalcroze™ Eurhythmics™ (9:30-11:o0)
- Dalcroze™ Pedagogy/Applications (11:10-Noon)
- Special Topics (1:00-2:00, daily)
- Teaching demonstrations of children's classes
- Keyboard Harmony Courses in the State of the Art Keyboard Labs at CSU
- Guest Lectures
- Dalcroze™ Solfège (2:00-2:50)
- Dalcroze™ Improvisation (3:00-3:50)
- Plastique Animée: a type of visual analysis demonstrating music with the body (4:00-5:15, week one only)
Student-based curriculum includes:
- Options for one or two week study
- Graduate credit and non-credit options
- Individual course electives
- Study can also be continued throughout the year at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ via Skype lessons and/or intensive weekend study to accelerate study through the program.
- The opportunity to obtain the internationally- recognized Dalcroze™ Certificate or License in as little as three summers.