The Dalcroze School of the Rockies and Colorado State University are thrilled to announce the 2013 dates:
The Dalcroze Academy
July 29-August 9, 2013 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
The 2012 Dalcroze Academy at CSU was a resounding success! A total of 16 students and faculty from 3 countries and 5 states participated in the inagural event! Instrumental music performers, conductors, private music studio instructors, general music educators, and music therapists participated in the 2 week intensive Dalcroze training course. Every student who took an evaluation passed their Checkpoint Observations, and more than half of the students passed evaluations in all 3 branches of Dalcroze study to move forward in their training! Additionally, these students have the opportunity to continue their studies during the academic year through skype lessons and/or weekend intensives through the Professional Studies Program at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies.
Congrats to the fine musicians and faculty who made our first year so memorable!
Registration for 2013 will begin in January,but you may contact Patricia Spears-Taff at CSU to learn more!
Click here for the brochure
Click here for housing and logistical information
Click here for the work-study application
Click here for the Dalcroze Society of America Scholarship Application
Click here for the Dalcroze School of the Rockies/Dalcroze Academy Student Handbook
Credit and Tuition:
- For 3 graduate credits: $1,497
- For non-credit: $1149
- 1 week, non-credit: $650
- 1 day, non-credit: $130
- Graduate credit granted through CSU
- Certificate and License earned through Dalcroze School of the Rockies (DSR)
- Credit for teacher licensure renewal possible
International, award-winning faculty:
Jeremy Dittus ; Denver, Colorado: Diplôme Supérieur, DMA, Program Director
Mary Dobrea-Grindahl ; Cleveland, Ohio: Diplôme Supérieur, MM
Bonnie Draina ; Boulder, Colorado: DMA
Bonnie Jacobi ; Fort Collins: DMA, Faculty Liaison
Hélène Nicolet ; Geneva, Switzerland: Candidate for Diplôme Supérieur, Certified Laban Movement Analyst
State-of-the-art facilities for music and movement are located on the Colorado State University campus, in the inspiring setting of the Rocky Mountain foothills.
The focused, clearly defined curriculum at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies (DSR) is the only authorized training program west of Pennsylvania.
Courses for The Dalcroze Academy include:
- Techniques of the Body (8:30-9:00, daily)
- Dalcroze Eurhythmics (9:00-10:30, daily)
- Special Topics (10:40-11:30, daily)
- Teaching demonstrations of children's classes
- Body-Mapping/Andover Education
- Laban Movement Analysis
- Keyboard Harmony Courses in the State of the Art Keyboard Labs at CSU
- Guest Lectures
- Dalcroze Solfège (1:00-1:50, daily)
- Dalcroze Pedagogy/Applications (2:00-2:50, daily)
- Dalcroze Improvisation (3:00-3:50, daily)
- Plastique Animée: a type of visual analysis demonstrating music with the body (4:00-4:50, daily)
Student-based curriculum includes:
- Options for one or two week study
- Graduate credit and non-credit options
- Individual course electives
- Study can also be continued throughout the year at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies via Skype lessons and/or intensive weekend study to accelerate study through the program.
- The opportunity to obtain the internationally- recognized Dalcroze Certificate or License in as little as three summers.