DSR License and Pre-Diplôme Courses
Register Before June 1st for Early Bird Pricing!
July 9-28, 2018
at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies Washington Park Location
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Includes participation in Dalcroze™ Academy
It is strongly encouraged that all students of the License and Pre-Diplôme course should have a Dalcroze™ Certificate or equivalent by the start of the course. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Dr. Jeremy Dittus, Diplôme Supérieur
- Laetitia Disseix-Berger, Candidate: Diplôme Supérieur
- Katie Couch, Candidate: Diplôme Supérieur
Daily Schedule (Subject to Change): 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Eurhythmics: 9:00-10:30 AM
- Improvisation: 10:40 AM-Noon
- Solfège: 1:00-2:30 PM
- Pedagogy: 2:40-4:00 PM
- 2018 DSR Student Handbook (download below)
- Embodying Music (6th Draft Edition): A Textbook for Dalcroze Teacher Training twards the Dalcroze Certificate by Jeremy Dittus (available for purchase on the first day of classes)
- Moving Sound (3rd Draft Edition): A Textbook for Dalcroze Teacher Training towards the Dalcroze License by Jeremy Dittus (available for purchase on the first day of classes)
- Music for Sight-Singing by Robert Ottman 6th or 7th Edition
- Assigned Readings(to be distributed on the first day of classes)
- $1849 for registration payments received on or before June 1st, 2018
- $1949 for registration payments received after June 1st, 2018
- Students must have a Certificate from an authorized Dalcroze™ training center before they can take any License level examinations.
- New students will have a short assessment audition. Depending on incoming skills, students may need to take some remedial coursework.
- Registration also includes participation in the the Dalcroze™ Academy at MSU (July 16-28, 2018).
- License students will be assigned to apprentice with specific teachers during the DSRDA for practicum experience observing and teaching for each of the branches of Dalcroze™ Education.
- Exams will take place during the final days of the DSRDA. Improvisation exams will take place on Saturday, July 28, 2018.
- Limited practice spaces will be made available when classes are not in session
- During the academic year, students can enroll in online Professional Studies courses.
- Summer courses and online courses can lead to the Dalcroze™ License or aid in preparations to take the entrance exams for the Diplôme Supérieur.
Click here for Logistical Information for the License Pre-Diplome Course. We encourage License students to stay closer to the MSU campus, however the convenient and inexpensive Denver Light Rail (DLR) system makes housing in other parts of Denver very easy. The Louisiana/Pearl-Auraria West Campus stops on the DLR C and E lines connect the Washington Park Studio and the MSU Campus in a matter of minutes. Click here for DLR maps.
If you have any questions about prerequisites, the course or materials, or questions regarding financial aid, please contact us.