The Dalcroze™ Academy
Register Soon for 2018!
The Dalcroze™ Academy
at Metropolitan State University of Denver
July 16-28, 2018
The focused, clearly defined curriculum at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ (DSR) is the only authorized training program in the Rocky Mountain Region.
Experience the joy and artistry of Dalcroze Education in the heart of the Rocky Mountains with world-class faculty and a diverse student body at Metropolitan State University of Denver! Earn the internationally recognized Dalcroze Certificate and Dalcroze License!
Our Vibrant, Published, International, Award-Winning Faculty Has Included:
- Monica Dale; Ellicott City, Maryland: Dalcroze™ License, MM
- Jeremy Dittus; Denver, Colorado: Diplôme Supérieur, DMA, Program Director
- Mary Dobrea-Grindahl; Cleveland, Ohio: Diplôme Supérieur, MM
- Bonnie Draina; Boulder, Colorado: DMA
- Eiko Ishizuka; Boston, Massachusetts: Candidate for the Diplôme Supérieur, MM
- Hélène Nicolet; Geneva, Switzerland: Diplôme Supérieur, Certified Laban Movement Analyst
- Katie Couch; Denver, Colorado: Dalcroze™ License, MM
Courses for The Dalcroze™ Academy include (subject to change):
- Techniques of the Body, Laban Movement Analysis, Folk Dancing (9:00-9:30)
- Dalcroze™ Eurhythmics™ (9:30-11:00)
- Dalcroze™ Pedagogy/Applications (11:10-Noon)
- Special Topics (1:00-2:00, daily)
- Dalcroze™ Solfège (2:00-2:50) Teaching demonstrations of children's classes
- Keyboard Harmony Courses
- Guest Lectures
- Dalcroze™ Improvisation (3:00-3:50)
- Plastique Animée: a type of visual analysis demonstrating music with the body (4:00-5:15, week one only)
Student-based curriculum includes:
- Options for one or two week study (Week 1 is the best week to attend if you can only come for one week.)
- Individual, student based training.
- Study can also be continued throughout the year at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ via Skype lessons and/or intensive weekend study to accelerate study through the program.
- Examinations are offered at the end of the program. Improvisation exams will take place on Saturday, July 28.
- The opportunity to obtain the internationally- recognized Dalcroze™ Certificate or License in as little as three summers.
Affordable Tuition Options:
- $1399 for 2 weeks
- $749 for 1 week (typically week one)
- $175 for 1 day
- 2017 DSR Student Handbook (click here to download)
- Embodying Music (6th Draft Edition): A Textbook for Dalcroze Teacher Training twards the Dalcroze Certificate by Jeremy Dittus (available for purchase on the first day of classes)
- Music for Sight-Singing by Robert Ottman 6th or 7th Edition
- Assigned Readings(to be distributed on the first day of classes)
If you have any questions about the academy or if you wish to inquire about financial assistance, please contact us.