Dalcroze™ Summer: Jaques of the Jungle
Get ready for a swingin’, roarin’, soarin’ good time with our 12th Annual Dalcroze™ Summer Camp: Jaques of the Jungle!!!
Two locations! Park Hill and Washington Park.
June 12-16, 2017
Using the philosophy of Émile Jaques-Dalcroze™, your child’s imagination and joy will know no bounds. We will integrate theater, dance, and visual art to explore musical subjects and stimulate and cultivate creativity. With music from masterful composers such as Ibert, Koechlin, Saint-Seans, Grainger, and Poulenc, this year’s production will offer something for everyone!
The five-day camp will conclude with a performance complete with sets and costumes created by the students themselves. In preparation for the performance, each student will be provided a CD at the beginning of camp with the material we’ll be using throughout the week. Each day, students should bring a small snack to munch on while they build their own sets and costumes. Enrollment is limited, so register soon!
- Explorers (4-7)
- Pioneers (7-12)
- Park Hill: St. Thomas Episcopal Church 2201 Dexter St.
- Explorers (ages 4-7). 9:00 AM-10:30 AM (Performance: Friday, June 16 at 10:30 AM)
- Washington Park: Washington Park United Methodist Church 1955 E. Arizona Ave.
- Explorers (ages 4-7). 1:00 PM -2:30 PM (Performance: Friday, June 16 at 2:30 PM)
- Pioneers (ages 7-12). 3:00 PM -4:30 PM (Performance: Friday, June 16 at 2:30 PM)
$175 plus a $25 materials fee. Sibling discounts are available.
If you have any questions, please contact us.